Mama’s Sweet Potato Biscuits
These incredibly moist and flavorful Sweet Potato Biscuits boast the perfect subtle sweetness to be eaten for breakfast, as a snack, or as a side dish to a holiday dinner spread. My 6-year-old daughter Story literally dreams about these biscuits and wakes many mornings with the thought of them on the tip of her tongue. She’ll come out of her room, bleary-eyed, and say, “Mom, can you ask PoPo to make the sweet potato biscuits again?”
One bite of these scrumptious beauties and they’ll be dancing around in your dreams too. I guarantee it.
Here’s what you’ll need (makes about 2 dozen biscuits):
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed, cooked sweet potatoes (don’t mash them too fine; lumpy is better according to Mama)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato liquid (from the water you used to boil the sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery stick, melted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick’s non-buttermilk version happens to be vegan, or look for this brand, or google how to make your own)
- 1-1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
If you enjoy these, be sure to check out my Mama’s Peach Cobbler too!